Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Craft Nite at Grace - Fallburgh

This is the first post in a sometimes series; probably monthly.  That's because once a month there's a craft night at my church, Grace Lutheran, Ukiah.  At my previous congregation in Washington there was a similar craft night where each person brings whatever they're working on, be it quilting or knitting or model building or toll painting, etc. and spends a few hours working and chatting and snacking.  It is a fellowship event with a craft theme.

I brought Fallburgh Station by Sequoia Models, along with my portable workbench and a handful of tools.  I spent about an hour cleaning castings with an Xacto blade and file.  Before I could get to the next step of trimming battens the boys got antsy and I took them home.  An hour entertaining themselves with paper crafts and snacks was about their limit.  Later in the week I pulled out the kit onto the back porch when the weather was lovely and did the batten trimming.  This is a photo in-process:


This is a great kit and I look forward to continuing to work on it whether on craft night or in between, so posts about the station will be sporadic.  Work continues on the Mogul, and I'll update that thread soon.



2 comments:

  1. Ok, they say third times a charm:

    Looks like a good start. Back porch modeling is the best kind :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what they say - glad you made it through, sorry you had trouble getting here. Anyway, yes, back porch modeling is truly a joy when the weather is nice and the mosquitoes aren't around.

      But look for an upcoming post about a THIRD workbench location, just 'discovered' last night.

      Delete