Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2018

Back on Station

Work has resumed on the Fallburgh Station kit.  A while back I made interior wainscoting and chair rail/trim using Gimp.  The donor image was a door I found online.  I liked the classic lines of the door and the color.  Here are the doors, wainscoting and trim printed on plain paper:



Here are the doors in the office:


And here's the other side of the office as seen from the street-side doors:


I've also given the exterior walls a few light coats of a basic acrylic black wash to enhance the board and batten detail and tone down the stark white color.  The green trim and windows also received a highlight coat of Seminole Green, just a shade lighter and a bit more yellow than the Forest Green I used as the primary trim color.  This is to give them a little depth and represent sunlight.

Since these images were taken I've added all the wainscoting and some of the chair rail.  I left them separate in order to allow for any discrepancy in height from the floor to the bottom of the windows.  However, it has been a real pain to get the chair rail glued in without grunting and grumbling.  Even so, the effect is really nice. 

I have also built a desk out of balsa for the office, and have a few other pieces of furniture along with accessories like a clock and a phone to go in.  Some of these are castings, some printed and some scratchbuilt.  I also have a station master, courtesy of Model Power, that will eventually take up residence in the office.

Much more to do, but it's great fun and I'll share more as it happens.

1 comment: