Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Steam Status

Here is where the 2-6-0 stands at present:


I have been occasionally sanding the joint on the tender sides with a very tiny piece of very fine sandpaper glued to a stick, in order to avoid sanding away the rivets.  However, I have sanded away all the rivets on the rear of the tender.  I did this when I removed the cast-on ladder.  I will replace the rivets with Micro Mark rivet decals similar to the double rows that were there, and the ladder with a brass casting from Wiseman.  Also on the tender I will be adding a platform for the back-up light.

All that remains on the locomotive itself is to add a pair of handrail stanchions just in front of the cab wall, and a bit of fake wiring conduit to replace where I shaved some off while removing another detail.  After that it is a matter of determining what value resistor to use for the LED's and then wiring them in place.

After these final details are complete I can paint and letter the engine.  We are still having warm, dry afternoons here so I want to get it painted before the temperature drops much and the air gets moist.

2 comments:

  1. It's looking good! Who is the manufacturer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jim. IHC/Mehano, made in Slovenia. :) These are not high-priced engines, and are mostly plastic, but I find them to be bullet-proof runners. Yes, there are better running, more detailed steam engines out there but they cost 3 to 4 times what I paid for this one. I am using an ESU Lokpilot decoder in this one and, properly adjusted, this engine creeps!

    ReplyDelete