Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Rolling Streak

 

This image illustrates the progress on the caboose ladder platforms, the little stickey-outey bit next to the roof walk near the end of the roof over the platform.  Because of the curve of the roof, I laid one support on its flatter side and the other on its narrow edge.  This doesn't entirely level the planks laid on top, but comes close enough.  

As you can probably guess from the above image, I didn't make my deadline of completing a "Trail Drive" by Epiphany (January 6).  But that's okay.  In fact, I'm really pleased with my progress.  Even more than that, I'm very happy about the building streak I've been on.  Since I started this emphasis back 12 days before Christmas, I've sat at my workbench and done something with a model nearly every day.

I've been a promoter of good habits and habit formation for several years, since I first read Charles Duhigg's book on habits and learned of Dr. B.J. Fogg's Tiny Habits method.  I truly believe good habits are a key to happiness and productivity and in our current lockdown, sanity.  So rather than being disappointed that I didn't meet my target date, I am quite chuffed to have reconnected with my hobby in such a consistent way.  It is a touchstone of security at home amidst the shifting sands and changing currents of the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment