Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2021

Cooling Tower Tank?

Yep.  I'm adding a tank to the ice factory adjacent to the cooling tower.  Oh, and that's moved as well.  I never was happy with it on top of the main building so I am building a structure on which it will rest.  Pipes will run from the main building to the tower/tank grouping.  Here is the inspiration:


There is a wealth of detail in these photos but I will need to be judicious with how much I include on the model if I want to get it done sooner rather than later.  I'm shooting for the flavor of the place, not a scale replica.  Thankfully there are many different examples to choose from so I can mix and match as I see fit.

In the mean time since the last post I have trimmed down the Tichy tilting windows to be closer in size to the openings in the office walls.  Next I'll need to trim the walls to fit the windows exactly.  Still need to install the interior details.  Heck, I still need to make an interior wall!  The one that came with the kit was too small.  Really not sure how either I messed up my dimensions or they cut it too short.  Doesn't matter as I still need to make a replacement.

I also purchased a piece of PVC sheet to use for the diorama base.  I decided a while back it'd be easier to gather together all the pieces on one surface instead of trying to glue them to each other.  I'll need to be careful with the wiring, however, as there won't be a significant void beneath the base in which they can nest until it is installed in the scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment