Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

A Time of Transition

Hello readers!  It has been a few months since my last post and in that time I've been thinking about this blog.  While I set out to create a place to share my hobby with family and friends, along the way I began to realize the blog was a creation unto itself beyond my original ideas.  I also realized that the blog wasn't working like I'd intended and that simply creating posts for their own merit, while interesting, wasn't enough to sustain the effort I was putting into that work.  Add in the Walthers 2022 National Model Railroad Build Off contest, and the blog was the first thing to go to make room for that undertaking.

Now there's a move on the horizon to a new home, and a new phase of life.  My mother will be moving across the country to live with us and this is a wonderful, exciting adventure for her and us together.  There's no firm timetable as of yet, but as with any such transition, it will happen when it happens and it will likely happen all of a sudden.  The hobby as it stands, and so much else, will be put on hold and set into stasis until we're settled into the new place.

Will the blog resume when the dust settles?  I don't know.  During the construction of my entry in the Walthers contest I have begun utilizing Instagram and Facebook to share my progress as it is far simpler than creating a blog post.  I believe blogging is for writing, explaining, and presenting ideas that require more than a photo can provide on its own.  (This is why "Wordless Wednesday" posts make little sense to me on a blog platform.  They may not be useless in a larger scheme of sustaining interest in a blog; they just aren't taking full advantage of the functionality of blogging.)  But I have found far more connection to my family and friends through those platforms than on blogger.  This was the original thrust of the blog after all.

Thank you to all who have regularly visited this blog.  I hope to post an update on the topics I've begun here, to tie up loose threads, sometime in the next year if not sooner.  

Galen

No comments:

Post a Comment