Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Parts Plank

I use wooden sticks, often tongue depressors as seen here, with masking tape wrapped around them as detail parts painting handles.  These parts are all Milliput duplicates made in Oyumaru molds.  Milliput isn't expensive but I don't want it to go to waste especially if I've gone to the trouble to get my fingers all sticky mixing it.  So, I have a number of molds standing by to make parts with the excess.  Shown here: books, a clock (minus the face), storm drains, crates of lemons, a typewriter, a basket of oranges and a bunch of bananas.


The clock is the part I needed for the station waiting room and the reason I mixed this latest batch of Milliput.  But the grates will be useful as the street scene is installed, the fruit may find a home on the station platform and the books in the office.  There's already a typewriter on the agent's desk so this one will be stored and used elsewhere and the bananas?  Who knows.  They certainly will bring life to any scene with their bright yellow color.

No comments:

Post a Comment