Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2020

A Tiny Control Panel

Okay, just the parts for now:

Lauan plywood scrap leftover from benchwork construction, cut on my scroll saw.  An old terminal strip and a DPDT switch.  This will be assembled and attached to the "Power Plank"(trademark pending) as a means of selecting either the DC throttle or the DCC system, both MRC products.

I'm finally getting around to ticking the boxes on the tasks required before I can begin scenic work in earnest.  Yes, I know I could probably paint track, rout out ditches, even ballast or put down some roads or grade crossings or many other projects now, but I'd like to get these preliminary things done so they're not hanging over my head waiting.  Truthfully they won't take long and I'll feel great knowing they're done.  Besides getting the throttles sorted neatly on a board and making it easy to switch between them, I also wanted to get the trim attached and fascia painted, and build a cover system built to keep dust off the railroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment