Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2020

That's How It's Done!

Making steady progress on the Trail Drive to Christmas challenge I set for myself, I turned my attention once again to the cabeese.  A few days back I solved the problem of how to keep the floor removable without wrecking the end ladders.  Just after that I worked on the freezers, getting them primed.  Once again I looked to the cabeese and contemplated the roof walks...oh.  Oh no.  I had forgotten that I needed styrene strip.  Actually, I had remembered and ordered some from a vendor months ago only to have them ship me the wrong product by mistake.  I forgot that I was going to look for more.

To eBay and quick!  A search turned up a seller with not only the 1x6 I like to use, but the 2x3 bracing AND a thing I never knew existed, Evergreen Scale Models ladder "kit".  Merry Christmas indeed!  What?  It's on sale with free shipping?  Happy New Year!  I honestly expected it to take a while, what with holiday shipping and the whole viral disruption slowing down the post, but no, here 'tis, on Christmas Eve.

I almost didn't recognize the package because the seller did it right.  Really right.  Observe:

Each packet taped, top bottom and sides, to a stiff cardboard backing and to each other, respectively.  All inserted into a bubble mailer envelope.

It doesn't always work like this.  I have my eBay horror stories as well, but it is nice when it turns out better than expected.  May your Christmas be filled with pleasant surprises and your New Year with results that surpass expectations!


No comments:

Post a Comment