Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2022

Scenic Start

With the tombstone project out of the way until warmer weather arrives, I turned my attention back to the railroad.  The paper mache' clay I use for the stones is very similar to Sculptamold or Celluclay.  Not wanting to waste it, I decided to install the terrain along the creek.  The leftover clay is wrapped in two layers of plastic wrap in the first picture.  By this time it is a few weeks old, going on a month.  With the no-flour recipe I use there's very little to mold or turn sour.  Not sure how long it would stay workable but I didn't use it all on this project so I've wrapped up the rest and will check periodically to see how it looks.  Anyway, I used a block of floral foam as a substrate and applied the clay over that.  It takes a while to harden but I'm in no hurry.  Once it is good and dry I'll rout out the bottom of the creek a little deeper before applying additional texture.





1 comment: