Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

My Latest Crush

I doubt I'll ever make it to Japan, but thanks to the magic of the internet, I can fall head over heels for this beautiful little railway:

 
 
And, if you want to see the trains at night from a railfan perspective, watch this:
 
I particularly like to see how the train winds its way down back alleys, between houses and gardens, and of course that curvaceous street running! (make your own wolf whistle).   I find these cab-view excursions to be wonderfully relaxing escapes, especially during lockdown.  Credit for these videos goes to their creators, along with my heartfelt thanks for transporting me to another place for a little while...

5 comments:

  1. I was amazed at how clean everything is. I saw no sign of litter anywhere along the route! I also noticed that every tight curve had guardrails. I think I only saw one curve broad enough that it did not need guard rails. I did not realize until I looked at the second video that all of these units seem to be two unit articulated sets with extra articulated sets added if longer trains are needed. I was also impressed with that set of blue units with what "hot rodders" would call "pin striping" on the area below the windows! That would not be an inexpensive paint job if it was done with paint by hand. If it is a vinyl wrap, it is still neat.
    Russ Bellinis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems Japan has many specially painted trains, including some with popular Anime' characters. The variety in colors and styles is astounding.

      Delete
  2. I like Enoden, my preferred line in Japan. The mix between mountain, city and ocean is unique.

    Randen in Kyoto is also great, but lack the Pacific.

    For anime wrapping, the Keihan Ishiyama Sakamoto Line is one of the most regular. I even bought a N Scale model: https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/30818

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool. Thanks for commenting! I know very little about Anime, but my 12 year old loves it.

      Delete