Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Office Detail...AGAIN!

The last structure I completed was the Seqouia Fallburgh Station, built as my Ocala Springs station for the Pine Branch of the Ocali Creek Railway.  I chose to go all in and really detail the structure's interior, including the entryway, waiting room and office.  So when I selected the next structure to build I wasn't expecting to once again be detailing an office, but here we are.  

The Suydam Union Ice kit comes with little wooden shapes which are supposed to represent chairs, desks, a sofa, file cabinets and a counter.  These would be suitable if the building were in the background.  However, it occupies a site on my railroad where it will be quite easy to look through the big windows into all that office space.  Good thing I bought those desk chairs!

I'm also testing out shades of blue for the structure, along with types of stucco material.  I've settled on the light blue shade but the darker is still not quite right.  I've also found that Durham's Water Putty mixed 1:1:1 with paint and water makes a terrific HO scale stucco.  I didn't invent this ratio - others have stumbled upon it and shared it just as I am doing here.  

I really don't need to be or want to be that guy remembered for detailing every interior of every building.  I'm content to focus on those that will be easily seen and maybe do a few that won't be seen as easily just because I want to.  I am inspired by a certain generation of Disney Imagineers who included many details in the attractions they designed even though the casual guest wouldn't see them. However, those viewers who looked more closely at a scene would be delighted to discover them.


1 comment:

  1. That stucco technique sounds intriguing. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete