Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2019

New-ish Tool

I finally made a tool I'd been planning to make for some time, and sure enough, I wish I had done it sooner.  A few years ago I found some small pieces of driftwood during a trip to the coast.  I brought it home thinking they might make nice tool handles.  I regularly use pins to make dimples for starting holes so the drill doesn't wander.  However, my fingers don't like it after making a few.  So, I simply drilled into the end of the driftwood and glued the pin in place with epoxy.  Now my wife wants one for her leather work!  She'll have to pick out the piece that best fits her hand.  This one works great for me.  At some point I may seal it but for now it works fine as is  Here it is being used to mark the corners for windows on a caboose cupola.



1 comment: