Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Trail Drive Nearing Completion

 





Next stop, WEATHERING!  The freezers are ready to roll, the cabeese still need window glass but won't get it until the weathering has been applied, and the steamer will receive a bell cord and whistle cord after weathering.  Note the coal load in the tender.  I will be using multiple techniques; brush painting, air brushing, and adhesive powders, as required, to get the look I'm after.  I may also include a few other cars that need weathering, or maybe not.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! The Baby Ruth car looks particularly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim. The orange was a real tough color to match, and I suspect it was originally closer to a true red on both the prototype and model, as the vintage 1920s candy bar wrapper was red and white. But I really am pleased with how it turned out, especially being able to use the propped-open ice hatches.

      Delete