Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2021

Workbench...Monday?

I guess I could wait until Wednesday to make this post's title alliterate, but why wait til Wednesday when Monday works as well?

Here's the state of play as the Trail Drive comes to a close.  I'll do a separate post on those models, but you can see the 2-6-0 on the bench and one of the cabooses inverted in the foam cradle.  Just before I took this picture I had put the first thin coat of paint on the remaining details on this locomotive - the whistle and bell cords.  Bonus points if you can guess what color I used.  The caboose just needs a wheel cleaning.  I realized this after I attached the trucks.

It is a time of transition.  Spring blossoms are appearing - squint out the window in this picture and you might just make out the white pendulous blooms of our Hellebore on the back porch.  Not sure if we'll get any daffodils opening this year but they're all over the neighborhood.  Kristi and I were fortunate enough to get vaccinated; we received our second injection last Wednesday.  Our parents are also being vaccinated and our kids' schools are planning a hybrid reopening.

There is transition on the workbench as well.  As the Trail Drive modeling ends, I have been putting away the bits and pieces from those projects, along with all the other detritus that has accumulated.  I still haven't carefully packed away the last set of figures I painted months ago.  Turning from the former things and looking ahead, I have been preparing for the next project: a structure (which will receive its own post very soon).  

However, that's not entirely accurate.  When the cabeeses came out of their project box, I selected a replacement to fill it.  Or rather, replacements.  I have begun cleaning their flash and gathering their needed parts.  I've also ordered a few supplies for these projects and their shipping time will be a factor in what I work on next.  But in the mean time, I will be taking final photos of the 2-6-0, Comet freezers and cabeese, and perhaps even a video.



No comments:

Post a Comment