Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Icing on the Cake!

I'm happy to report that I won FIRST PLACE in the Walthers National Model Railroad Build Off 2023, in the Adult HO scale category.  I had no expectation that I'd even place, but it sure feels good to receive the recognition.  Of course the prize money will go a long way towards any future expansion of the Ocali Creek Railway!  Congratulations to all the winners this year!

Let's just imagine they're eating cake.

I've updated the list of labels in the sidebar to include nmrbo23.  Clicking that will bring up all the posts about this year's diorama.  Honestly, the building and completion of the diorama itself is four months of challenging fun.  This year I got to try some new techniques and practice skills as well.  But to win is really icing on the cake.

1 comment: