Search This Blog

Friday, January 26, 2024

Decommissioning a Diorama

My National Model Railroad Build Off 2022 diorama has served its purpose and now, for the greater cause of reorganizing my garage, has been decommissioned.  All the structures, trees, people and details have been saved.  One of the structures will find a new home in Ocala Springs on the current railroad, but another that was headed that way will find a different home.  More on that in a future post.

I tried to save the brick street with its track but was unable and that's okay.  While the brickwork was sufficient for the diorama, I'd not have been entirely happy with it on its own.  That is one reason to build a diorama - the chance to try new techniques without any pressure.  I salvaged the rail but naught else.  I did manage to save the spur next to the Purina building and will be incorporating it into a display stand...someday.



 


2 comments:

  1. That was an interesting diorama and it's sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. However, I knew it was temporary when I built it and that softened the blow considerably as did having future uses in mind for so much of what was on it. I liked this diorama more than the most recent one so there is less reason to keep that one. Its days are numbered too...

      Delete