Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Yes, This IS Narrow Gauge!

Asked, and answered.  See this post for the question.  Here's a video I stumbled across that proves, definitively, the answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY93ir1zwmQ

From the video description:

"Some nifty HOn3 coaches I recently picked up, painted up by the previous owner (I re-painted the roof tops, which were pretty worn/damaged). The coaches have fully die-cast bodies which sit on wooden frames, and are quite heavy! These three alone were causing the 0-4-0 to slip just a bit at the top of the steepest incline on the layout. They are quite attractively painted and detailed, and make a very nice addition to the fleet."

I've been a subscriber to S. A. Hamann's channel for some time, and I'm not sure how I missed this video before.  Maybe I had other things on my mind back in March of 2016.  Even so, I'm glad I found it now.  Seems I'm not the only modeler out there who likes a colorful paint scheme!  

Oh, the narrow gauge bug is biting HARD!

2 comments:

  1. The coaches look great. The loco looks English, but I'm not an expert on these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken Kidder imported locomotives from Japan that were styled like US locomotives, or close enough. The first steam locomotives in Japan were built by Porter - in fact, one still exists in a museum there - and were clearly of a late 1800s American outline. Japan also purchased engines from other countries, eventually settling on following a more typical German outline for their own home-built engines. I'm not certain about the prototype for this little critter, but it sure is cute and can pull pretty well. I've been researching Kidder's engines...more on that later.

      Delete